When you buy an external bus-powered drive, speed is certainly important, but it is certainly not the only thing to consider. My advice will be to pay particular attention to the firmness of the backrest and the reliability of the internal drive by sticking it to a well-known brand. With such low prices for SSDs, a mechanical hard drive really isn’t worth considering anymore.
If you take my advice and are looking for the durability and speed of a reputable company, you should definitely consider all new Pro Elektron messengers from Other World Computing, Inc. The aluminium housing is not only made of dust, water and air, but OWC is also a name you can trust.
The USB-C drive (which uses the Asmedia ASM-2362 chipset) contains an NVMe SSD, which promises a very high speed. As not all computers have a USB-C port yet, a convenient USB-A adapter is included to connect to the cable. OWC promises compatibility with Mac, Windows, iPad, Android devices, Chrome OS and other Linux desktop operating systems.
It is not only fast and durable, but also quite small. It weighs only 85.0 g and measures only 1.2 cm x 7.6 cm x 5.2 cm. You will have no problem putting them in your pocket, bag, briefcase or backpack.
IT’S STILL READABLE: Lexar produces the SILVER 1066x microSD series
The OWC Messenger Pro Elektron is the fastest and hardest mini-SSD in the universe. This pocket-sized C-bus USB flash drive is small, unbreakable, dustproof and waterproof. So you can edit / save / share personal and business files anywhere with a speed of up to 1011 MB. It’s like sending 91 high-resolution photos per second or 5 GB of film in less than five seconds, explains Other World Computing, Inc.
IT’S STILL READABLE: By synchronizing the SanDisk Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync, local backups are made during the charging process.
According to OWC, an elegant and cool aluminium aircraft storage solution, with an LED display of the drive status, it operates silently and without power. With the included USB C cable and type A adapter, OWC Envoy Pro Elektron is compatible with Mac or PC computers from the last decade, current models, iPad Pro and Chromebook tablets.
Other World Computing, Inc. shares the following features of the Elektron USB-C Envoy Pro SSDs
- Super fast for everyone: Store, back up and edit personal and business files in real time at speeds up to 1011 MB/sec.
- OWC Aura-SSDs : Advanced NVMe technology delivers twice the performance of other portable SSDs.
- Universal compatibility : Connect and play with Thunderbolt and last decade’s USB Macs or PCs, current models and future devices like iPad Pro and Chromebooks.
- Built like a tank: Pressure, dust and water resistant according to IP67 standard
- Lowercase: Pocket size and easy to carry anywhere
- Priming device : Start working and launch applications in seconds.
- Informative: LEDs for instant confirmation of intensity and activity status
- Cool: Aircraft-adapted aluminium radiator housing for quiet operation without throttle valve
- Connected: USB C cable with adapter type A Can be connected to any machine.
- Don’t worry about it: OWC 3 Year Limited Warranty
OWC Envoy Pro Elektron USB-C SSDs from OWC are available in four capacities: 240 GB, 480 GB, 1 TB and 2 TB. It costs $99, $149, $199 and $369 – very affordable. If you want to buy your own copy, you can order it directly here.