Earlier, Roku users have added Dailymotion as a private channel by entering a particular code. However, it is no longer available due to certain reasons. As Roku runs on a dedicated OS, you can’t sideload the Android version of Dailymotion on Roku. Then how to Dailymotion videos on Roku? Screen Mirroring is the only way to do it.
Before mirroring any device, you need to enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku.
- Turn on your Roku.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Choose Always allow.
How to Watch Dailymotion Videos on Roku
To watch Dailymotion videos on your Roku, you need to mirror your device screen on Roku before casting. Unlike Chromecast, you can’t find native support for Roku for casting.
- Using Android
- Using Windows PC
- Using iPhone and Mac
Your devices (smartphone/PC and Roku) must be on same WiFi network for screen mirroring.
Dailymotion on Roku Using Android
1) Download the Dailymotion app on your Android phone.
2) Pull down the notification screen and tap the Cast icon. Or go to Settings >> Connected Devices >> Connection Preferences >> Cast.
3) Tap the three-dotted menu icon on the top-right corner and check the box near Enable Wireless Display.
4) Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5) A warning will appear on your screen. Tap Start Now.
6) Your mobile screen will be mirror on the TV.
7) Open the Dailymotion app and start playing your favourite content.
Dailymotion on Roku Using Windows PC or Laptop
1) Click on the Notification icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2) Click on the Connect option from the Action Centre.
3) Choose the Roku device from the list of available devices.
4) Your desktop screen will be mirrored to your Roku-connected TV.
5) Open a browser and go to dailymotion.com.
6) Start streaming the contents and it will mirror on the TV.
Dailymotion on Roku Using iPhone and Mac
Most of the latest model Roku devices started supports receiving via Airplay. Here are the supported models:
- Roku TV – Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx.
- Streambar – 9120.
- Smart Soundbar – 9101, 9100.
- Ultra – 4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640.
- Premiere – 4630, 4620, 3920.
- Streaming Stick + – 3811, 3810.
If your device supports Airplay, navigate to the Settings and enable Airplay.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Click Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Turn on the AirPlay feature.
1) Download Dailymotion app on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Open Control Centre.
3) Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
4) Choose your Roku device.
5) On a successful connection, your iPhone will mirror on the Roku-connected TV.
6) Now, open the Dailymotion app and start streaming.
1) On the top menu bar, click on the AirPlay icon.
2) List of available devices will appear on the screen. Choose your Roku device from the list.
3) On a successful connection, your mac will be mirrored to the Roku-connected TV.
4) Open any browser and go to dailymotion.com.
5) Start streaming the contents that you want.
As Dailymotion is not available on Roku Channel Store, these are the methods that you can rely on. We will update you instantly once the official support was released for Roku.
Comment your queries and feedback in the below section. Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for more Roku tutorials.
dailymotion roku code 2020, dailymotion app, how to screen mirror on roku, roku private channels, dailymotion chromecast, daily motion, roku tv stick, roku deals