VLC Media Player can do much more for videos than just play them. We know it can convert or stream videos from online sources. Here are some of the good ways to use VLC Media Player. Now it is time to show an interesting application of VLC Media Player. This interesting application of VLC Media Player is to rotate videos during playback.
Videos can be recorded, rotated and even reorganized for different purposes. Videos can easily be rotated 90 degrees, 180 degrees and 270 degrees clockwise. You can also rotate videos at any angle, for example, 1 degree, 27 degrees, and so on. Moreover, you can rotate the video horizontally and vertically. Finally, videos can also be rearranged or moved relative to each other, by rotating and flipping the video simultaneously. You will be surprised what VLC Media Player can do with videos.
To rotate, mirror or transpose videos in VLC Media Player :
- From the VLC Media Player menu, go to Tools > Effects and Filters [hotkey: CTRL + E].
- In the Settings and Effects section, click the Video Effects tab.
- Click on the Video Effects tab with the text Geometry.
- Check the box next to the Transform text. There you will find options to do the following with your video :
- Fixed angle rotation: click on the transformation to rotate the video by a number of fixed degrees, by default: 90, 180 and 270 degrees. They can be selected from the drop-down list after activating the “Transform” button.
- Flip the video: Select Mirror Horizontally or Mirror Vertically from the drop-down list to flip the video in these directions.
- Transparency: click “Transparent” and “Anti-transparent” in the same drop-down list to mirror and rotate the video. Transparency is achieved when your video is rotated 270 degrees clockwise and flipped horizontally. Anti-transparency is when your video is rotated 90 degrees clockwise and flipped horizontally.
- Rotate to a specific angle: Check the box next to the text labeled “Rotate”. Move the angle pointer. Your video will be rotated by a random amount.
Note: Remember that this rotation setting is saved and will continue to rotate when you open a new video. In this section, uncheck the boxes to disable rotation for playing other videos.
To make the rotation constant
The above steps are simply a matter of rotating the video for playback. If you want to make the rotation permanent, follow these instructions after the above steps:
The video is recorded and the changes are permanently saved to the target file. If the player is minimized, bring it back. If the transformation process has not started, click the “Play” button in the VLC control panel. The position finder will show the progress of the transformation.
Some applications of video rotation
- Corrects a video that was shot incorrectly or at the wrong angle. For example, the person who recorded the video decides to rotate the camera while the video is being recorded. A normal way to look at it is to rotate the VLC device.
- Watch the video in style by turning it to an angle.
- Fills a video portrait across the entire area of the widescreen. If the height of the video is greater than the width, black areas appear on the left and right sides of the screen. In this case, it is useful to rotate the video 90 or 270 degrees to fill all monitors that are wider than the normal height.
Frequently asked questions
How do I mirror the video on the other side?
Select the video in the preview window and click the “Properties” button on the right. Under “Rotation”, enter the number of degrees on the “Z” axis. Tip: Enter 90 or 270 if you want to rotate the vertical frames horizontally, or 180 if you want them upside down.
How do I rotate my video horizontally?
Click on the “Visual Effects” tab and scroll down to the “Mirror” section. Now select “Vertical Flip” to mirror vertically or “Horizontal Flip” to mirror horizontally, as shown in the screenshot below.
How can I mirror videos in Media Player?
Open the video with Media > Open File. To rotate the video, use Tools > Effects and Filters and Video Effects > Geometry. Find a transformation, select the check box, and select Rotate from the drop-down list, if necessary. You can rotate the video 90, 180, or 270 degrees.
how to rotate video in windows media player, how to rotate a video in vlc and save it, how to rotate a video in windows 10, vlc rotate video, how to rotate video in vlc android, how to mirror video in vlc android, vlc rotate video mac, vlc media player download