The secure connection is not working. An error has occurred while connecting to *. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR. The requested page cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received cannot be verified. Please contact the administrators of the website to inform them of this problem.
There are several reasons why you may receive an ERROR RETURN CONTROL: Problem The secure connection in your Firefox browser failed. Maybe you are using Windows 10 PC or Mac, here are some possible reasons:
- Your firewall or antivirus program is blocking the connection.
- Your VPN may be the source of the error.
- Filtering your TCP protocol may break the connection.
- A temporary file lock may occur during operation.
- Network intervention may be limited.
Correction of PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR: Secure connection error in Firefox browser
If you see PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in your Firefox browser, there are several possible solutions to solve the problem. Perform the following methods in succession and check whether the connection problem is resolved.
solution #1 – Empty the Firefoxcache
Credit : Send Windows
- In the top right corner of your Mozilla Firefox browser, click the hamburger icon or the Menu button.
- Select the option.
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Go to cookies and data.
- Click on Clear Data.
- Select the check box next to Cached Web History.
- Press Clear/OK.
Solution #2 – Disable VPN server
If you are using a VPN client, try disabling it first to see if this fixes the problem.
- Start the control software.
- Go to the Programs or Programs and Features page.
- Search for the VPN you are using.
- Click on VPN Client.
- Choose Delete.
Some VPN service providers, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, don’t bother with your browser’s connection logs. You can check them if you really need the VPN service to avoid connection errors like this on Firefox.
Solution #3 – Disable TCP protocol filtering
If you are using third-party antivirus software, such as ESET Antivirus, follow this step to disable TCP protocol filtering.
- Start the ESET antivirus software.
- Click on Advanced.
- Select Web and Email.
- Note the filtering protocol.
- Click on the plus sign next to it to open the menu.
- Move the slider next to the Enable application log content filtering button to the Disable side.
- Press OK.
Solution #4 – Try using a differentnetwork .
This may be a problem with the network you are currently using. If you have another network connection, try it and see if the problem persists.
Solution #5 – Uninstall third-party antivirus programs
If nothing works, try disabling or completely removing the third-party antivirus. Software that can cause this problem include Kaspersky, Avast, ESET and BitDefender.
- Launch the control panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features page.
- Click on Uninstall Program.
- Choose antivirus software.
- Click on Delete.
- Restart the computer after uninstalling the program.
Which of the above solutions did you use to fix the error? We’d love to know which method works best, so tell us in the comments below.
frequently asked questions
What does the error Pr_connect_reset_error mean?
The PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR problem occurs when a user with Mozilla Firefox tries to connect to a web server via HTTPS but is refused. This error message essentially means that a remote peer or intermediate box (most likely a firewall) is forcing a disconnect.
How do I fix a secure connection error in Firefox?
How do I fix certificate errors in Firefox?
Certificate error in Mozilla Firefox browser – IBM Knowledge Center
reddit pr_connect_reset_error,mega nz pr_connect_reset_error,ssl_error_rx_malformed_alert,pr_end_of_file_error firefox,firefox loses internet connection,sec_error_bad_signature in esic site,pr_connect_reset_error iis,err_connection_reset chrome,inet_e_download_failure,pr_end_of_file_error,ssl_error_rx_record_too_long,firefox clear cache,curl pr_connect_reset_error,watchguard pr_connect_reset_error,Feedback,eset pr_connect_reset_error,firefox fire tv secure connection failed,error code: ssl_error_internal_error_alert,connection reset error,secure connection failed pr_end_of_file_error,secure connection failed all browsers,secure connection failed google,secure connection failed windows 10,secure connection failed android,config in the new tab bar,Privacy settings,How Search works,pr_connect_reset_error firefox bypass,bypass pr_connect_reset_error,pr_connect_reset_error chrome,pr_connect_reset_error firefox 76,pr_connect_reset_error localhost,pr_connect_reset_error curl,pr_connect_reset_error meaning,pr_connect_reset_error eset