However, some users have complained that Google Docs’ spell check doesn’t work well or doesn’t highlight spelling errors. You see misspelled words, but the spell checker gives you no clue. At some point you will send or use a document that contains misspelled words.
There are methods to correct the error and fix the spell checker in Google Docs. Read on to learn more about these solutions and how you can use them to solve the problem.
Screenshot : Send windows
Correcting spelling in Google Docs without highlighting misspellings or misspelled words.
You can follow any of the methods below to check and correct your spelling problem and fix the error. If not, follow these steps until you finally solve the problem.
Solution #1 – Restart your web browser
A quick restart of the browser you are using will update the Google Docs tools and features. If this does not work, continue with the following solution.
Solution #2 – Make sure thespell checker is enabled.
Screenshot : Shipping from Windows
You may have accidentally disabled spell checking in your Google Docs settings. Check and reactivate the function if necessary.
- Open the document you want to edit in Google Docs.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Go to spelling and grammar.
- Make sure the Show spelling and Show grammatical sentences boxes are checked.
Solution #3 – Set the language of Google Docs to use.
Screenshot: Shipping from Windows
The spellchecker may have trouble detecting misspelled words if the standard language is not used correctly. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Click the File tab on the Google Docs menu.
- Select the language.
- Now click on the language you want to set for your document.
- You can check if the spell checker is working.
Solution 4 – Remove other languages from your browser
- Click on the Advanced button of your browser.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Search for Use Spell Checker.
- Disable other languages you don’t want to use.
Solution #5 – Turn off your browser’s spell checker.
- In the browser, go to the Settings menu.
- Choose Advanced.
- Press the languages.
- Find the spell checker section.
- Select the Simple Spell Check button and uncheck the Advanced Spell Check check box.
- Restart your browser.
Solution #6 – Clear browser cache and data.
- In the browser, go to the Advanced or Menu option.
- Exploiting history.
- Navigate to Clear Browse Data.
- Set the time range to All times.
- Make sure the checkboxes next to Browser Data, Cache and Cookies are selected.
- Click on Clear data
Solution 7 – Copy and paste into another document
- Copy all the text in your document.
- Open a new document in Google Docs.
- Now paste the text and see if the spell check works.
Solution #8 – Update your browser
Screenshot : Shipping from Windows
- Go to the Settings menu of your browser.
- Get to the point.
- Check for updates now.
- Please refresh your browser.
Do you have any other solutions to fix the spell check error in Google Docs? We’d like to know more. You can let us know below.
frequently asked questions
Why doesn’t my spellchecker work anymore?
There are several reasons why Word’s spelling and grammar check doesn’t work. It is possible to change a single setting or to disable the language setting. There may be exceptions in the document or in spell check, or there may be a problem with the Word template.
How do I correct spelling in Google Docs?
How do I enable spell check in Google Docs?
Enable spell check in Google Docs
Feedback,spell check not working google docs,google spell check not working,why is google docs spell check so bad,spell check not working on chromebook,google docs spell check not working reddit,how to turn on spell check in google docs,Privacy settings,How Search works,google docs change language spelling check,google docs spell check shortcut not working