If you don’t have an Internet connection but still want to watch YouTube, you can download videos and save them on your computer. Technically, this is not ideal, as Google restricts the playback and copying of YouTube videos.
But if you’re just doing it for personal use, there are ways to do it. One way to copy or download YouTube videos for free is to use VLC Media Player. This method is also applicable if you want to back up videos from Vimeo and other streaming and video hosting sites.
How to download YouTube and videos for free with VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is available for computers running macOS (including M1 Mac), Windows 10 and Linux. It is a free media player developed by ViedoLAN that plays a wide range of file formats, including almost every video format imaginable. If you do not have VLC Media Player installed on your computer yet, you need to download it first.
- Go to https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html in your browser.
- Click on download VLC. You can select the operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a download location to save the VLC Media Player file.
- After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to set up and install Media Player.
Now that VLC Media Player is installed on your device, you can launch the application to start downloading and extracting videos from YouTube.
Record YouTube/Vimeo videos on Mac, Windows 10 PC and Linux with VLC
screenshot : Shipping from Windows
Note that this guide uses VLC version 3.0 or higher. Some settings and options are different if you are using a previous version of the application.
- Launch YouTube.com or Vimeo.com in your computer’s browser.
- Select the video you want to download.
- Copy the URL.
- Open VLC Media Player.
- Press File and select Open Network.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Enter the URL of YouTube or Vimeo in the corresponding field.
- Click on the Open button.
- While a video is playing, open the Window tab on the menu bar.
- Select the Media Information option.
- Look for the Location section at the bottom of the settings.
- Copy the full URL.
Screenshot : Send windows
- Launch a browser and paste the URL into the address bar.
- The video is playing.
- Right click on the video and select Save Video As. You can also click the Download button if it is available.
- Choose a location to save the file and click Save.
screenshot : Shipping from Windows
Third-party software to download videos from YouTube
There are also other paid options for downloading YouTube videos if the free service offered by VLC is not enough for you. Some of these media players and video downloaders have fast download times with fewer clicks. You can also extract audio files in MP3 format and record videos from other video streaming sites such as Vimeo, Facebook and Twitter.
Examples of third-party video download software include 5KPlayer, WinX YouTube Downloader, Keepvid.ch, 4K Video Downloader, YouTubeByClick and VidPaw Free Online Video Converter.
What software do you prefer to use to record videos on YouTube? For us, VLC is the solution. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
frequently asked questions
How can I see my downloads?
Where, where, please…
How do I upload an application?
What does it mean to download to a computer?
In computer networks, downloading is the process of retrieving data from a remote system, usually a server such as a web server, FTP server, mail server, or other similar system. … A download is a file offered for download or upload, or the process of obtaining such a file.
download youtube,download video,download music,download whatsapp,download apps,download software,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Freemake Video Downloader,Free Download Manager,Google Chrome,Internet Download Manager,CCleaner,Malwareb…,See more,Zoom Video Communic…,Google Meet,Microsoft Teams,Cisco Webex,Slack,download movies,download games