Civilization VI is a well-known turn-based strategy game first introduced in 2016, but some players continue to report that Civ6 will not be launched. In this type of game, players can choose from different cultures and convert them into global skills through early resolution. It is available for Linux, iOS, Windows, PlayStation 4, macOS, Nintendo Switch and the Xbox One platform. Because it’s a complex game, problems can sometimes arise. In this first part of the troubleshooting series, we are working with Civilization VI, which does not open the problem.
Problem causing the error
There is a very nasty crash virus in Civilization VI that causes the game to take as long as possible to load after the launch of an epic game on Windows 7, 10 or Mac. Assholes at Reddit users have discovered that it has something to do with Windows Defender, which seems to scan the whole game in real time when Civilization VI is launched.
To prevent this, you can activate the game in Windows Defender. In Windows 10, open the Windows Defender settings from the Start menu. Scroll down until you get Exceptions, then set an exception; you must choose the last alternative, Excluding .exe method, then type CivilizationVI.exe. This should ensure that Windows Defender no longer has trouble scanning the game, thus avoiding this particular crash virus of Civilization VI.
Civilization VI offers new ways to use your world: Cities are now developing physically on the map, functional research into technology and culture reveals the latest possibilities, and rival leaders execute their agendas based on their historical characteristics as you fight for one of five methods to win in the game.
5 ways to solve this problem
Reboot the computer before starting any of the following troubleshooting steps. This will refresh the system and clean up any temporarily damaged data that may be causing the problem. This specific problem can be caused by many factors, ranging from outdated software to a corrupt display driver. These are just some of the suggested problem-solving steps you should take to solve this problem. Before proceeding, make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the operation of this game.
1. Install DirectX
Make sure that all necessary DirectX files are installed on your system.
- Visit www.microsoft.com/ download/details. id=35.
- Save the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer folder.
- Open the downloaded file to install DirectX.
- Reboot the system.
The connection in case Civ6 does not solve the problem will still be made.
2. Graphics driver update
The main reason why Civ VI does not start is a problem with the graphics driver. Your system may have a degenerated display driver, or it may be older. To solve this problem, you will need to uninstall the driver and install a new version of the driver. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, follow these steps:
- Click Win+R (Windows logo key plus the R key) to open the Run option.
- Enter MSConfig and select OK. The System Settings message appears on the screen.
- Select the Load option when you run the System Configuration option. Under Boot Alternatives, see Secure Boot and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the system to apply these changes, select Restart to restart in Safe Mode.
- Go to the local disk space by selecting this PC and then navigate to the local C drive. You should be able to find the NVIDIA folder. Then right-click and click Delete.
- Select Start and click Start. The Execute dialog box appears on the screen.
- Enter devmgmt. MSC in the launch area, then click OK to load the Device Manager window.
- Raise the level indicator. This makes it possible to stack all the network adapters the device is equipped with. Right click on the Nvidia adapter you want to remove and select Remove.
- Select OK on the bypass to remove the tool. This allows the adapter to be removed from the battery and the conductor to be removed from the battery.
- Click Win+R (Windows logo key plus R key) to open the Run window.
- Enter MSConfig and select OK. The system configurations are then published.
- When the System Configuration section opens, select the Boot option. Under Download alternatives, uncheck the Secure downloads box and click OK.
- When you restart the system to apply these changes, select Restart.
- Download the NVIDIA extended driver for your system here: www.nvidia.com.
- Start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions. Select the Alternative Custom Installation option and check all issues in the Custom Installation boxes. Also ask for the box that says: Carry out a clean installation.
- Reboot the system.
3. Resettlement of civilization VI
If the following steps do not solve the problem, undo the installation and reinstall the playback. The only open steam customer then goes to the library. Highlight Civ6 in the left corner of the screen, click on the right side and select Manage. Under the Administration link you will find the option Uninstall, click on it. If the game has been deleted, reboot the system and install it. Registration in case Civilization VI is not open is still possible.
4. Added exception for Civ 6 for Windows Defender to solve boot problems
Windows Defender is the ideal solution because it protects you against malware, viruses and all kinds of nonsense. But while Firaxis and Microsoft do not talk a little about Civ 6, it seems that Microsoft’s anti-virus security has a little trouble with Windows 10’s Civ 6 folders.
It causes the game to drag on for too long or forever. Here is how to summarize the Civ 6 exception in the application for you to become one:
- Click the Start menu, then select Settings, go to Updates and Security, and then select Windows Security.
- On this screen you don’t have to click a button to start the full application, so ignore it.
- Scroll down at this point and look in the header under Exceptions.
- Click Add Exception after excluding the file.
- Go to the Civ 6 installation file and declare Defender, this is what you want to rule out.
- For many of you, this will be C:Program Files Steamsteamapps Sid Meier’s Civilization VI – or different options, depending on where you asked Steam to install the games.
Sound Problems – Few players complain about sound problems, including out of sync, crackling, very fast sound reproduction or simply no playback. Striving for lower sound quality : Go to Settings in the main menu, switch to the Sound tab and reduce the sound quality by 16 bits.
5. Civ 6 hangs or crashes on the loading screen, and when it takes a long time to load
Seems to be a common problem this weekend. Fortunately, he has a fairly simple solution; he claims on Reddit and CivFanatics that Windows Defender is the problem.
Start by summarising the exceptions for the Civ 6 file. In Windows 10 on the Start menu, go to Settings, then Update and Security and select Windows Defender. Click Add Exception and then click Exclude Exception. Go directly to your Civ 6 file and drag it. This method allows you to pause a running Windows Defender and force it to do what it does in Civ 6. If that doesn’t work, try excluding your entire Steam folder again.
Another possible solution is to allow Civ 6 from the Windows firewall. Use Cortana to search for Windows Firewall and click Allow Application through Windows Firewall, then scroll down the list until you see Civ 6. If you still have problems, you can try disabling Windows Defender, but this should be a last resort.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why does the civ6 keep collapsing?
Most of these crashes are due to mods that have not yet been updated by the creator. Some players may have additional problems opening the saved file with the current terms and conditions of the World Congress rental company.
2. Does it have an automatic backup?
You can save or download the game Civilization VI anywhere during the game. To save space, tap the Game menu option at the top of the main game screen (or press ESC) and then press Save Game to create a new save file.
3. How do I enable civ6 in the firewall?
Go to the Find Windows page and type in Windows Firewall, then click Apply or Allow Firewall features. Now click Change Settings and scroll down until you see Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, then make sure Public and Private are both marked with a question mark.
The above methods can therefore solve the problem that the civ6 does not start. You can choose from several options, depending on your comfort and convenience.
civ 6 graphics glitch,civ 6 crashing 2020,civ 6 crashing on next turn,civ 6 freezing between turns,civ 6 not launching epic games,civ 6 screen tearing,civ 6 crashes when loading game,civ 6 loading, please wait,civ 6 keeps crashing xbox one,civ 6 keeps crashing 2020,civ 6 keeps crashing switch,civ 6 keeps crashing in multiplayer,civ 6 crash log,why does civ 6 take so long to load,why do civ6 turns take so long,civ 6 high cpu usage,civ 6 slow loading switch,wasd camera civ 6,civ 6 civ logos,civ 6 ui disappeared,civilization 6 ps4 bugs,civ 6 city names not showing,civ 6 menu not showing,civ 6 skip intro,civ 6 crashes when starting new game,civ 6 crash on startup windows 10,civ 6 crashing mid game,civ 6 crashes when loading game mac,civ 6 switch crash,civ 6 launcher download,arch linux steam-native,civ 6 linux,proton arch linux,civ 6 not working,civ 6 won t launch windows 7,no cached sticky mapping in activateactionset,civilization 6 switch issues,civ 6 switch update – june 2020,civ 6 dlc not showing up,civ 6 not launching windows 10,civ 6 not launching 2020,civ 6 not launching windows 10 2020,civ 6 crashing pc 2020,civ 6 crashing on startup