There is always a minimum level of quality and a basic list of devices and equipment to start with. In this article, we’ll briefly review each of them and give some tips on what options you have to optimize your game streams.
Overview of play equipment
You will find a complete list of required equipment here.
- Microphones – Speech recording devices
- Microphone accessories – including microphone stands, windscreens and preamplifiers.
- Headphone – directional audio output
- Cameras – especially high quality webcams
- Light – better visibility for all video installations
- Green screen – to overlay the virtual background when streaming.
- Game capture card – game recording and live streaming
- Stream Deck – custom control at the touch of a button
Setting up the streaming game
1. High-quality microphones
A good microphone should not only be able to reproduce your voice clearly, distinctly and audibly. However, it should also avoid creating unnecessary noise by exploiting a wide range of integration possibilities. These are usually your own sounds, such as breathing in, sudden air movement (p and f sounds), as well as constant humming and buzzing, such as the running of your PC’s fans or the sound of your air conditioner running.
In general : If you are on a budget, buy these models for more than $100. Leading brands like Blue Yeti and Elgato already have the specifications and features needed for a balanced stream. But you may want to check out some of these budget options:
- HyperX SoloCast – unidirectional, quiet, compact
- Razer Seiren mini – narrow shooting angles, shockproof, compact
Razer Cyren Mini
2. Microphone accessories
To support the microphone, there are a number of different accessories and devices to further optimize your voice recording. Some are physical, some technical. There are a number of them, but these are the three most important ones:
- Windshield and pop filters – mechanically prevent air currents, noise, or sound waves from entering the microphone cleanly. It can be combined with microphone software to create an even finer configuration and eliminate unnecessary noise.
- Stands/Hands and Hangers – allow you to position the microphone freely so you don’t have to move or adjust it during a call. has some distinct advantages during play. The microphone can be positioned to pick up your voice without disrupting your game.
- Microphone Preamplifiers – filter/refine as well as amplify the microphone signal for your PC for more efficiency and clarity. Your streaming system can technically work without it, but it is a very good accessory to maintain sound quality and consistency of the microphone.
Pop filter for microphone, microphone arm or microphone arm and preamplifier
Search for microphone accessories on Amazon
While no specific brands are recommended for windshields and microphone stands, some of the best microphone preamps are listed below:
- Cloudlifter CL-1 – Microphone Preamplifier, Ready to Use (literally), No Hassle
- Presonus TubePre v2 – offers a little more customization, but keeps it simple.
PreSonus TubePre V2 tube preamplifier
3. Comfortable, task-matched headsets
Audio output devices speaking for themselves. By pointing the headset in a streaming configuration, you can stay focused whether you’re listening to surround sound (3D) effects in a game or communicating with other participants in the same stream. That’s why it’s imperative that you buy comfortable, durable headphones with effective noise cancellation and high-quality sound reproduction in the first place.
In terms of head and ear comfort, most competing models in the mid-price category should already provide the necessary comfort. So you don’t have to worry too much, but to be on the safe side, it’s best to read customer reviews before buying a device online. Also, if you want to use the headset mic for streaming …. don’t do it. While it’s great for basic VoIP calls or video and voice calls, it doesn’t offer the same quality as a dedicated microphone in live broadcasting.
Some interesting headphones optimized for streaming audio:
- TheMPOW EG3 Pro is an ultra-budget device that nevertheless meets all the minimum requirements.
- HyperX Cloud Alpha is the most popular mid-range choice, with a detachable microphone.
- Logitech G Pro X – On the borderline between high-end and mid-range.
Logitech G Pro X Gaming Headset
Search for gaming headsets on Amazon
The first of the two main streaming devices. More specifically, we are looking for a webcam for streaming. This delivers the video performance needed to appear in respectable resolutions in the corner of the screen during a streaming session. On the hardware front, there’s not much to say except that it offers adequate resolution, low-light copy capabilities, autofocus support, and frame rate options to play with your personal settings.
Here are some of the standard webcam streaming offers:
- Razer Kiyo Pro – Full HD (1080p) at 60 frames per second, HDR compatible, light sensitive
- Logitech StreamCam – Full HD (1080p) at 60 frames per second, pretty much the same, but the Logitech camera is compact, supports facial recognition, image stabilization and portrait mode.
- Razer Kiyo – Full HD (1080p) at 30fps, the Pro’s little brother with a built-in ring light.
- Logitech BRIO – max. 4K (30 fps), 60 fps in low resolution, HDR, extra wide FOV
Webcam for streaming video games
Logitech Brio Ultra HD Webcam Pro
Razer Kiyo Pro
Search Streaming Webcam on Amazon
APPROPRIATE: Webcams for working at home
5. Position lights
The lighting in your game broadcast facility doesn’t have to be fantastic. It should only provide this minimum level of illumination. If you already have a light source that meets these requirements, you can make your own makeshift key lighting. Or, if the rest of the streaming setup is not too advanced, you can leave it out. First check the selected camera to see if the default setting without headlights still works. For that, look for low light support and HDR in the feature list if you’re desperate for good video quality.
Of course, lighting fixtures are lighter and more efficient to meet all your lighting needs. They can also be combined so that a main light is behind the camera, while a pair of fill-in lights balance out the shadows and reflections around you.
For most set-up configurations, these recommendations can be a good starting point:
- NexiGo Selfie Ring – very easy to install, connects directly to the webcam
- Elgato key light is the most balanced choice for all lighting levels, compatible with flux decks.
- Fovitec Softbox Lighting Kit – for more professional lighting installations and configurations.
Illuminated search buttons on Amazon
6. Green screen
Just like on TV, green screens can be a creative option because you can do all sorts of things with them, such as getting on stage in a playful way at certain times or having the background mode as a streaming session. Since it’s not really a technical device, you don’t have to be too strict about its performance. Like the lighting, you can even make your own version.
However, for commercial, product-specific green screens, you need a product that includes standard implementation features. Anything that can be cleaned quickly and still last long enough for multiple sessions is good. The installation of the green screen also takes into account the accessories, e.g. B. Regardless of whether you use clips or not. Oh, and the obvious choice is a shade of green to use as a background for the chromatic accents.
Product Recommendations :
- Greenscreen Elgato – mechanically foldable, small, compact
- A muslin background with green tones with added chroma.
- All photo studio decor with green fabric
Elgato Green Screen
Illuminated search buttons on Amazon
7. Game Capture Cards
A video recording device connected to one of the output ports of your GPU or game console to stream what you see on the main screen(s) from another PC. Because they are external, there is no additional hardware load on your primary gaming device. It is the second connected unit that processes all flows. As such, they are largely necessary for streaming sessions with dedicated gaming consoles.
It is important to note that you do not need a game capture card if you are only transferring from the main PC. Note, however, that any kind of uninterrupted video downloading will tax your CPU (and to a lesser extent your GPU) heavily if you are using streaming software like OBS. This will result in a lower frame rate, which may affect your gaming session. If you have a second computer or laptop, you should definitely choose a game capture solution that can record and encode the video in real time and with sufficient quality, without stuttering or jerking.
Product Recommendations :
- The Elgato Game Capture HD60 S is one of the best capture cards at the best price.
- Game Capture Elgato 4K60 S+ – offers more features, more 4K. But too expensive.
- AVermedia Liver Gamer Duo – PCI-e based gamer that streams two HDMI sources simultaneously.
Elgate 4K60 S+
Find a game capture card on Amazon
8. Flow bridge
It is a command center console used in part to automate the things you normally do in life. For example, instead of manually creating keyboard shortcuts, you can just put them on a key in the game and have everything run automatically when that particular key is pressed. You can even get creative and create and record custom montages and screen animations for each button, making your session look very dynamic and professional, as if it were sent from a real TV studio.
Product Recommendations :
- Elgato Stream deck – the only Primestream deck, delivered with 6/15/32 keys
- Razer Tartarus – Provides additional access to the console as a keyboard extension.
- X-Keys programmable keyboard – cheaper, may have more keys than Elgato
Elgato Stream Deck 15 Keys
The Search Bridge on Amazon
BONUS : Any Turing GPU or Amp
If you are using a Turing or Ampere architecture GPU (GTX 16, RTX 20 and 30 series), congratulations! In fact, by default you already have a very efficient streaming device without needing a very powerful processor. Nvidia’s NVENC feature has been significantly updated since Turing and can now be selected as the primary video encoder through your video streaming software. Technically, it’s limited to Full HD (the quality is slightly worse at 1440p), but 1080p is a typical and more than adequate resolution for streaming games these days.
In our next article, you will learn the basic steps needed to start your first video game stream in What you need to start your first video game stream and Tips for beginners.
Recommended for you online and elsewhere.
bar equipment names,bar equipment and tools,bar equipment list and their uses,bar equipment checklist,bar equipment list with images,bar equipment list with images pdf,Privacy settings,How Search works,Muddler,Cocktail glass,Cocktail strainer,Jigger,Bar spoon,Cutting board,See more,bar equipment name with picture,bar tools