Microsoft Cortana is a virtual assistant designed and developed by Microsoft for use on all types of devices. It can be downloaded and used on Android mobile phones and on computers running Windows 10 or higher.
It is a tool that makes countless tasks easier for users. It can be used to set reminders in calendars, record search history, search the web, or even activate alarms or take screenshots. The range of functions is so large that you can even tell jokes or make simulations.
But in order to access all of this, you must first install and/or activate it. If you don’t know how to activate your Cortana, this step-by-step guide will give you the answers. It explains all the steps you need to follow under Windows 10 and Android, and explains how to configure this wizard to respond to your voice.
Steps to activate and use Cortana
The steps for activating and configuring Cortana are very different on Windows 10 and Android. That’s why we’re going to explain what he’s doing anyway.
Under Windows 10
As usual, Windows 10 already has a built-in automatic activation of this wizard, so no special configuration is needed. If this AI is not enabled on your computer, follow these instructions that we will give you:
- When entering W10, press the Start menu button in the lower left corner.
- Type Cortana in the box that appears. Check the results and click on the Search and Configure button.
- In this panel you can configure everything you need to make this virtual assistant more or less work for your team. Check the Enable option in the desired fields such as Search in the Cloud, History, or even Talk with Kortana. We’ll lose the right to grant permits and go to Sure.
- You are now free to use the Search Wizard when using Windows 10.
Although Google has its own mobile assistant, it can also be used on an Android device. Follow the instructions that we will describe in detail in the following paragraphs:
- You must first download the official Android application. You can do this directly via the link provided by us.
- Now that it’s installed, activate it as a virtual assistant. From your Android phone’s main menu, press and hold the Home key and a circle will appear. Move your finger towards him.
- You will then see several options. Underneath that, you have to choose Cortana. Later you can check the Use Always box so that you will not be asked again.
- You have already installed and activated your Android smartphone.
How do I activate the Hey, Cortana function?
The most convenient way to communicate with this virtual assistant is by using your voice. On both Windows 10 and Android you can do it if you know how to activate Hi, Cortana or, in Spanish, Hi, Cortana. We will explain what you need to do on each device to use this function that the system allows.
On a PC, this function is always deactivated, but activated in a few simple steps. That’s what you have to do:
- If Windows is active and authorized, navigate to the lower pane and click on the Windows Start icon.
- From the drop-down list that opens below, simply go to the Settings window. To do so, touch the gearbox symbol.
- You’re in the control panel now. Make sure you check the Talk to Kortana box in the left column.
- In the right and central part of the screen you will see a number of options. You have to activate the one under Hello Cortana. Click on the button you have and it is now permanently disabled.
On Android, this is a feature that was later added to the application and was previously only available on high-end devices with the Microsoft operating system. Here, follow these steps.
- Open the official application and when it is installed
- Continue with the settings. First click on your profile picture and then click on Settings or Preferences.
- Now just go to Hi, Kortana or Hi, Kortana and click on it. Activate it and it will answer your voice, although it will only do so when the phone is unlocked.
If you have any questions, please leave them in your comments, we will contact you as soon as possible and it will be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you very much.
You may be interested in:[mejorcluster categories=20″ grid=3″ maxitems=6″ round= yes shadow= yes skip_title_link= no skip_desc= yes image size=large].
i don't have cortana on my windows 10,how to install cortana on windows 10,cortana app download,set up my invoke,sign in to cortana pop up,how to enable cortana after disabling,microsoft cortana speaker,microsoft cortana apk,cortana missing windows 10,how to install siri on windows 10,cortana windows 10 not working,is cortana safe,how to enable cortana in windows 10 in india,say hello to cortana,what can cortana do,disadvantages of cortana,can cortana type for me,cortana vs google assistant,how do i download cortana on windows 10,cortana windows 10,hey cortana,cortana app download for pc,cortana setup.rar download