However, if you keep getting the same error message, you are in the right place. This blog will help you resolve this error. Unfortunately, the Android gallery has been discontinued.
Let’s go through them and discover some of the best solutions.
What causes this error?
This kind of error usually means that the default data, such as the video and photo manager, has crashed. It may be a minor application problem or even a sign that there is something wrong with the firmware that you are unaware of.
You already know that Gallery is a preinstalled application, and if something goes wrong with the firmware, the default applications may crash.
However, there are a few other reasons why the Samsung gallery keeps crashing or the LG gallery keeps stopping:
- Use of multiple galleries thanks to multiple installed third-party applications.
- Unwanted files in the cache that can cause such a problem.
- Can be caused by a small bug or a virus attack
Part 1: The best way to fix a blocked gallery on Android [automatic]
Unfortunately, the best and most effective way to repair the gallery has stopped in Android with the Android Repair software. It is a powerful tool that has the ability to fix any Android bug or problem without any effort. Whatever the reason for the error, this powerful tool can help you access your photos that are not showing up in Android Gallery.
It supports all Android smartphones like Samsung, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, Nokia, Vivo, Oppo and many more. No matter you get gallery holding Xiaomi or Samsung J3 without error to open, this powerful tool can solve all problems and make your device back to normal.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
Part 2: How to fix the Unfortunately, the gallery has stopped in Android [Manual]
Now it’s time to discuss some of the best ways the gallery solution Android stops in its tracks. However, keep a few things in mind: Back up all the important data from photo gallery, videos and more so you don’t lose them.
Method 1: Restarting the phone
By simply restarting the phone, you can easily fix minor malfunctions. So, if you encounter the problem with the gallery, it is better to reboot the device once.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds and you will see the Phone Options screen.
- Select Stop and Restart
- When you have made your choice, press OK to confirm.
- If the unit now lights up, check whether the problem is solved or not. If this is the case, go to the next solution.
Method 2: Clear data and cache of Gallery and Camera applications
- First, go to Settings > App management or Apps.
- Then go to All apps > Search gallery > tap Clear data and Clear cache.
- Now that you have removed everything, you need to make the application stop.
- Also search for Camera > Clear Cache and Clear Data, then force close the application.
- Finally, restart the phone and see if the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Resetting application settings
- First, go to Settings > and then to Application or App Settings.
- Then go to All apps > press the menu button or the three dots.
- You will then see several options > click on Reset application settings.
- A dialog box will appear > read it carefully, and then click Reset Applications.
- Finally, restart the phone and check if the same error occurs again.
Method 4: Clear media memory cache and data
- First, go to Settings > then Settings for applications or apps.
- Then go to All applications > Search media > Clear data and cache.
- Finally, restart the phone and check if the error is fixed or not.
Method 5: Erase system cache partition
- First, turn off your phone.
- Then press and hold the volume, power and start keys.
- The phone goes into system recovery mode.
- Select with the volume key
- Then select Delete Cache Partition and click on the confirmation button with the power button.
- And finally restart your phone
Method 6: Restore Android phone to factory settings
If all the above solutions do not work for you, there is only one solution left and that is to perform a factory reset of your Android device.
Note – Back up all important data on your phone before performing this method.
- First, go to your phone’s settings.
- Then go to the Save and Reset option.
- Then tap Reset to Factory Settings in the Personal Data section.
- A pop-up window will appear telling you that all data, including data, music, accounts, applications, settings, etc. will be deleted from the device memory.
- Then press Reset Phone
- After restarting the device, all data on the phone will be erased and hopefully the error will not occur again.
Method 7: Delete unnecessary data on SD memory card
Several users have reported that deleting unwanted data from space-consuming SD cards helped them get rid of the error message Unfortunately, the gallery stopped. Regardless of the data you want to delete, such as. B. Videos or photos, check them once and delete them immediately.
Now that you have removed this unnecessary data from the SD card, you can check if you can access your gallery and stored content.
Method 8: Removing an SD card
- First, go to Settings > Storage > select Unlock SD card.
- Now check whether the problem is solved or not. If the problem persists, remove the SD card and check whether the error has been corrected or not.
- Remember, if the problem is fixed, there is an error on the SD card. So you need to replace or format the SD card.
Well, the error mentioned in this blog is common to many Android users and so I have listed some of the best ways to solve the problem. I hope the solutions mentioned in this blog will help you solve the problem Unfortunately, the gallery has stopped on Android. For an easy and instant solution, check out Android repair tool as it is a professional tool to fix any type of error on Android phones/tablets.
If you have any other suggestions or requests, please include them in the comment box below.
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
Why did my gallery stop?
These are possible causes of the error The gallery has stopped : Unnecessary cache memory – Excess data and cache memory can cause this problem. Multiple gallery use – You may have many third-party applications installed that access your gallery.
What should I do if the gallery keeps stopping?
How do I restart Android Gallery?
Feedback,miui gallery keeps stopping,samsung gallery keeps crashing,gallery keeps stopping xiaomi,photos not showing in gallery android,gallery won’t open on samsung phone,gallery keeps stopping samsung j3,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to fix unfortunately gallery has stopped in android,cmh provider keeps stopping