Hello, friends, Today we will tell you how everyone can easily fix the problem File Explorer that does not respond to the window 10 . If you are a Windows 10 user and you are facing the same problem and you are looking for a solution or you want to know more, please read the following. Let’s get to work.
Windows 10 is the same as all other versions of the Windows operating system. It also has its share in various problems and bugs, some of which affect users more than others. Refuse, try to open it. In this case, if a user double clicks on a folder on the desktop or tries to open the file explorer directly, it will not start.
How to correct an error in the scale window 10
We believe that the main cause of this problem lies in running programs that conflict with the Windows 10 file explorer. In addition, there are many other problems that can prevent users from accessing File Explorer, such as problems with File Explorer’s cache, cursor scaling problems, conflicts when searching for windows, etc.
Check also: 7 Windows patchpad 10 Searching the Start menu does not work
For the possible reasons mentioned below, there are several compatible solutions to troubleshoot File Explorer issues that do not respond to Windows 10. In addition, there are other practical ways to solve the problem. We will update these methods shortly.
Method 1: Reboot Windows Explorer in Task Manager
Sometimes the file management process in Task Manager works as a blind process in Windows 10 File Manager when Windows Explorer is restarted and no errors are opened. The Task Manager can help you complete a running program to solve common system problems, such as high CPU usage, PC latency and many others.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc for Task Manager.
- Then locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it to select the last task.
- At the top of the Task Manager window, click on the File button and then open Execute.
- Then type explorer.exe in the box and press Enter. You can then open the file explorer without having to constantly download it.
Method 2: Installing updates on your computer or laptop
Windows publishes many updates and patches to correct common errors and problems. These Windows updates will correct many errors. Sometimes window updates can solve all previous problems on your computer.
- To update, press the Windows + I button to open the settings and then press the Update and Security button.
- In the Windows Update tab, if the updates are waiting to be downloaded or installed or if they are paused. Then install this update and restart your PC from Windows 10. Then check if the file explorer responds.
Method 3: Deleting data on your Windows computer 10
This method works for almost all users, so try it. This could solve your problem.
- First you have to go to the search panel and find the control panel, open the Management tab.
- And then you have to find the search panel in the control panel.
- Type File Explorer into the search field and the results will be displayed according to your system configuration.
- Click on the file explorer and open it.
- Then you need to use the Delete option to delete all previous data, which is the root cause of the problem. Just press the Clear button.
Method 4: Set the window scale to 100%
Customizing the view works for many users that the file explorer cannot be fixed in a Windows 10 device, but it really depends on the user’s system configuration, so if this method does not work for you, try the following method.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Display Settings.
- The next step is to set the sliders, text and other elements of the application below 100% and then click Apply.
- If the file explorer is working, you will return to the display settings.
- You can now raise the zoom slider to a higher value.
Method 5: Set the window scale to 100%
Searching in Windows is also considered to be the cause of this problem. Disabling the Windows search has worked for many users, so we try it here.
- Click the Windows button once
- Then enter a command line in the start search field.
- Then right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- When prompted to confirm, press Yes.
- On the command line exe, type stop Windows Search and press Enter. Make sure it is written exactly as it is, with spaces and capital letters.
Method 6: Reset Default Request
- Press the Windows + I button to enter the Windows settings, then press the System button.
- Now switch to the standard applications on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down and click on restore the default settings recommended by Microsoft.
- Restart your computer to save your changes.
Method 7: Free storage space on your Windows 10 PC
It is possible that the file explorer does not work because there is no more space on the hard disk. I think you have a lot of files on your computer? You need to delete or move some files to an external hard drive or USB stick to make room for the file explorer. This could solve your problem. Unless you try the above methods.
Method 8: Updating your computer video drivers
A driver is usually a set of files that makes it possible to connect hardware or software to the operating system. Windows 10 PC video drivers play an important role in any laptop or Windows computer. And maybe that’s why the file explorer isn’t working.
We hope you now see that your file explorer on Windows 10 PC responds without any problems. If none of these methods solves this problem for you, we recommend that you visit the Microsoft Customer Service Center. You’ll solve your problem in no time. If you have any suggestions or need help, you can give us a comment in the comment field. Thank you for reading our mail.
file explorer not responding windows 10 fix,file explorer not opening windows 10,folder not responding windows 10,windows 10 file explorer not responding 2018,windows 10 file explorer hangs,how do i fix file explorer problems in windows 10?,windows 10 file explorer not responding 2020,windows explorer not responding windows 7 64 bit