If there is one thing that stands out about this instant messaging application, it is the large number of features and tools that allow you to customize the application in many ways.
For example, one of the features most used by many is the organization of chat through folders. With this option, Telegram users can bring more order to each of their conversations by separating work and personal life.
Since not everyone in the application knows how to create folders there, here’s how to do it quickly and easily.
What are the benefits of organizing all your chats into folders in Telegram Messenger?
There is no doubt that this instant messaging feature offers great benefits to users, especially those who like to order. And the ability to create folders allows you to categorize each of your cats, meaning they’re easily accessible. Any member of the application can add specific conversations to any of the folders created for easy access, without having to search them in the main chat list.
That is, the members of the telegram can create different folders, such as a family folder in which only their relatives talk, one of their friends, the university, work, among others. All this allows you to classify calls and thus have more order when you want to search for a call.
It’s no secret that Telegram has become a widely used application for businesses and work teams, so it would be very useful to separate work and private life within these files. It also gives you the ability to create smart folders that aggregate anything you haven’t read in chats to separate them from the ones you’ve already read. This type of action gives you more control over the application when accessing and interacting within it.
Learn step-by-step how to organize everything in the message’s telegram folders on one of yourdevices.
One of the advantages of using the telegram is that it is available for each of your devices, allowing you to use it at any time for different purposes and making it more accessible. Fortunately, the feature to organize everything in one folder to have more order and control over all your chats is available for any device, whether it’s a computer or a mobile phone.
Therefore, below we show you how you can do this quickly and easily from any computer:
If you are one of the users who use Telegram from an Android device and want to organize all your chats in folders for easy access, then you need to follow a few steps.
Which we will highlight below:
- To start this process, the first thing you need to do is activate the options folder of the application. To do this, you need to go to the main menu of the application by clicking on the icon with three horizontal bars in the top left corner of the screen.
- You will see a list of available options, in this case you need to click on settings.
- When you are in settings, you need to select the Folders option.
- Most versions of Telegram allow users to create default folders called Personal or Unread, if you want to use either, just click Add. Now if you want to create your own folder from scratch, click Create New Folder and a new window will open where you can configure it.
- Remember, you can enter any name here, but it’s limited to 12 characters, so you’ll have to be very specific.
- Once you have all these details configured, you can add the cats you have and want in the application, and you can also select the cats you don’t want to add.
- To add cats, click on the Add cats option and manually select the cats you want to see by clicking on them and confirming the given selection.
You should also note that Telegram offers certain default options when adding chats to make it easier for users:
- Contacts : Adding all chats with the application’s contacts.
- No contact: Activate all chats, even if these users are not in your contact list.
- Chains: All telegram transmitters are activated.
- Groups : All your telegrams have been added.
- Bots: Talking to the bots works.
If you have already selected the cats you want to include in the folder, the next step is the reverse. In this case, you must specify which cats should not be in the folder. This is a very useful feature when some folders contain huge options, such as contacts or groups, and you want some of them to no longer exist in the folder.
Therefore, to exclude cats, follow these steps:
- Here you need to select the Exclude Cats option and then select one by one the cats you don’t want in the folder.
- When you have selected everything, press the Save option and , the folder remains active.
- You’ll then see all the folders at the top of the chat room in a format very similar to browser tabs, meaning you’ll need to go to the tab of the folder you want to use to view each conversation.
Finally, if you want to delete a folder that you accidentally created or that you no longer want, you need to go to settings and go back to folders. You will see a window with all the folders you have created so far. Click on the name of the folder you want to delete to open the menu.
When you open this menu, you have the possibility to change or delete the desired settings by clicking on Delete folder. In this case, the application will ask you to confirm the selection, so you will have to click Delete again to remove it completely.
If you are one of those people who own an iPhone and also want to start creating folders in your Telegram app to have more order in each of your conversations and separate the personal from the professional, then you should know that this process is very similar to Android, although it has some minor changes.
To do this, simply follow the steps we describe below:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the Telegram application and click long and hard on the chat section, which is located at the bottom of the application. Here you need to click until a drop down menu appears and the Add Folder option is displayed.
- As on Android, users can assign specific names to the default folders offered by the application or create their own. In this case, select Create a new folder to access a menu where you can create and configure it.
- In this case, you can enter any name you like, but be aware that the maximum number of characters is 12, so you must enter a short and precise name.
Just like in Android, when you create a folder, you should add chats to it and exclude the ones you don’t want to see, because these steps allow you to organize the conversations the way you want.
Therefore, you need to follow the steps below to select the cats you want to include in the folder:
- Here you need to click on the Add Chat option.
- A list of available cats opens, from which you can select the cats you want or enter the quick options the application offers.
- After selecting the chat you want to activate, you must press the Done button in the upper right corner to save the changes.
If you have already added the conversations you want to record, the next step is to select the ones you don’t want to record if you have made multiple selections, for example B. Groups, contacts, channels and more. To do this, go to the Excluded Chats option, then click the Add Chat button and manually select the conversations you don’t want to record.
You may have created a folder and want to change or delete it at some point. To do this, you must again long click on the icon. Chat to access the menu where you will find all the folders you have created in the application. To modify or delete them, click on the colon icon and select the folder you want to delete or modify.
On PC and MacOS
Now, if you are one of those who prefer to use this type of application from your computer for convenience, you can also do so with the desktop application available for Windows and Mac, and it works the same way in both operating systems.
The most important thing in this case is that you have the latest version of the application and that you follow each of these steps:
- To start it, you need to open the desktop program and click on the icon with the three horizontal lines, which is located in the menu on the left side of the screen. A list of options opens, in which you must select the parameters with the cogwheel icon. In Settings, tap Folders.
- The operation in this case is the same as in the previous cases for mobile devices, so from the folder menu you can already create a default or custom folder, whose name you can change, add the cats you want to include and select the cats you want to exclude. The main difference between the desktop client and mobile applications is that in this case you can set an icon for a folder.
- If you click on the icon of the application, you will see the different options, select the one you want here. Note that this icon only appears in the desktop client, not in mobile applications. You can view the full list of folders in the menu on the left.
- To delete or modify folders, you must click on the Edit option and then select the desired folder. If you want to permanently delete it, click on the trash can icon that appears next to the name.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible, which I’m sure will be a great help to more members of the community. Thank you!
Author: Neli Zambrano
I have a lot of experience in technology, my specialties are graphic design, social media and digital marketing. Windows and Android are my specialty.