Many problems or malfunctions can occur on a computer when trying to connect to the Internet. One of the most common on Windows computers is Ethernet, which does not have a valid IP configuration.
Many users are not familiar with this kind of problems, so it can be frustrating to solve them, especially if the person does not have sufficient knowledge in this area. But it’s still easier to fix than it looks.
If you receive an Ethernet error that does not have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10, don’t worry. We will help you by providing detailed step-by-step instructions on how to solve the problem and enjoy your Internet connection.
What is the cause of the Ethernet error that there is no valid IP configuration?
This is very frustrating for many people who work with computers without knowing how to solve the problem when it occurs and even more frustrating when it disrupts their Internet connection. In this sense, it is very common that an Ethernet error message does not have a valid IP configuration.
This message means that your personal IP address is invalid. Remember that the personal IP address is the address assigned to your team. The main reason for this error is therefore an incorrect value in one of the following points:
- Your team’s subnet mask
- Gateway used
If you don’t know how to solve the problem, don’t worry. We will explain to you step by step how to correct this error in Windows 10 so that you can continue to use your Internet service without any problems.
Ethernet error correction steps do not have a valid IP configuration under Windows 10
There are several methods to get rid of the annoying Ethernet error that does not have a valid IP configuration. The most important ones are changing the DNS, restarting the Winsock folder, updating the computer controls or restoring the old version of Windows.
With this in mind, we will discuss the steps to be taken in any case:
- Right-click on the icon in the taskbar next to the clock called Network.
- Register with the Open Network and Exchange Centre.
- Select the network you are on and click the Properties button.
- Go to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and select Properties again.
- In the window that appears, select Use the following DNS server addresses and write down the following numbers : 188.8.131.52 Y 184.108.40.206.
- Finally, click on Check configuration on exit and confirm approval. Then wait for the network diagnosis and be ready.
Restart the Winsock directory to
To restart the Winsock directory, you must first access the Windows Control Panel as an administrator. To do this, click on Start (which is located at the bottom left of the screen, with the Windows icon) and write Cmd.
The Command line option is then displayed. Right-click on this option and select Run as Administrator. Once you understand, follow these steps:
- Unplug the network cable to avoid any connection between the modem and a computer with damaged Ethernet settings.
- Log in to the Windows Control Panel, type Netsh winsock reset and wait for Windows to do the work.
- You will be prompted to restart your computer to save your changes. Finally, the network cable must be reconnected and the Internet must function normally.
Device Driver Update
The first thing you need to know is how to update the computer drivers in Windows 10. This is done in the same way as updating other areas such as network adapters, printers, monitors, etc. by installing Windows Update.
To start an effective update, follow these steps
- In the taskbar, enter a Device Manager and select Device Manager.
- Select a category in which the names of the devices are known. Then right click on what you want to update.
- Click on the Automatically check updated drivers button.
- Tap Update Driver and you’re done.
If Windows cannot find a new driver, we recommend that you go directly to the camera manufacturer’s website and follow the instructions.
Reset windows to previous version
In some cases an Ethernet error after the upgrade may not have a valid IP configuration. In this case it is advisable to restore the previous version. The correct path is shown below:
- Call up the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- Then click on Restore.
- You must then choose Open, Restore System and then Next.
- Finally, select the restore point to which you want to return and choose Finish.
I still don’t have an internet connection. What can I do in this case?
Although you have tried all the methods described above, you may still have problems connecting to the Internet. We know that this is something very offensive, so the best alternative in such cases is already direct communication with the service provider.
Chess can come directly from the Internet Service Provider, so it is advisable to ask him for help. They are familiar with the subject and can help you correct this mistake.
If you have any questions, please leave them in your comments, we will contact you as soon as possible and this will certainly help more members of the community. Thank you very much.
You may be interested in:
spectrum invalid ip configuration,ethernet unidentified network,ipconfig /renew stuck,how do i find my ethernet ip address,unable to contact your dhcp server,hamachi doesn't have a valid ip configuration,ip address ethernet,ethernet connection problems,change ip configuration,investigate router broadband modem issues,hamachi doesn't have a valid ip config,how to reset ip configuration,my ethernet ip address,ethernet configuration,valid ip configuration windows 7,the default gateway is not available,wifi works but not ethernet,ethernet unidentified network no internet,ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration windows 10,lỗi ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration,ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration 2019,ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration powerline adapter,ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration reddit 2020,ethernet0 does not have a valid ip configuration vmware,an address has not been associated with the network endpoint,ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration shaw