However, it should be noted that they are a limit to the maximum size that each person can have. Just so you know in detail, in this post we will look at how you can share different files in Skype, for example. B. Pictures, videos, PDF files, voice memos, etc.
You will also learn what formats are supported, what the maximum file size is, and how to share files with friends or colleagues within the platform.
What file formats can Skype exchange?
Specifically, Skype allows you to send all kinds of items. Here we tell you what they are, and when they will be available after shipping.
That way you know how long you can keep them in the chat:
- Posts: Their availability is determined by the user. I mean, they’ll be eliminated if he wants them.
- Cat headers: custom made.
- Video: customized. However, audiovisual material of more than 100 MB is stored as a file, and is available for 30 days.
- Images : They will be removed if the person so desires.
- Records: You can send text files, PDF files and more to any contact. They are available for 30 days.
- Voice messages and voicemail : Available for 30 days.
- Call recordings: They’re at your disposal for 30 days.
- Video news: The user decides when to remove them.
Another aspect to consider is the limit on the size of files you can share on Skype. So the maximum size of shared files is 300 MB.
If you try to send a file that is too large, you will receive an error message saying : Not sent: File size more than 300 MB. So if you want to send a file that exceeds the limit set by the platform, you need to go to OneDrive. It is a cloud storage service from Microsoft. It is safer and more reliable. You can also easily share large files with other users.
Get familiar with all document types in Skype from all available devices
Once you know all the details about the file types that Skype supports, it’s time to figure out how to share them. The different steps are more or less the same on each device.
Read on to find out how to do this on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux and iPad :
on Android or iOS
- Select the contact or chat you want to send something to.
- In the chat window, you can use an emoticon (happy face icon), a voice message (microphone icon), or the camera (camera icon) to share a moment.
- To send other types of files, you must click on the Add to Discussion button, which has a + symbol. From there, you can share photos from your gallery or files, or share your location with your contacts.
- Finally, select the Send button to send photos or videos.
Under MacOS, Windows or Linux
- Enter the contact or chat you want to share files with.
- You can use an emoticon, GIF, sticker or moji (happy face icon) in the chat window. You can also select a photo or file (by clicking on the image icon).
- Also the possibility to drag a file from your PC folder to the desired chat room.
- Click Send to share it.
On Android or iPad tablets
- Go to the contact or chat room you want to share.
- In the chat window you can do the following: send an emoticon, a mohi, a GIF or a sticker. Send a voice message, use the camera to show a specific moment or share up to 10 photos or videos at once.
- Click Next to continue.
- You can also provide your location if you wish.
- Click the + button, which corresponds to the Add to Chat option, to send files or documents you have already saved.
- Click on Send.
You can share all sorts of documents with your friends or groups on Skype. Remember the 300 MB limit, or if you want to share a larger file, use OneDrive. Its use is very simple and intuitive, and you don’t need any additional knowledge of the subject.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and it will certainly be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communications with extensive experience as a content writer and author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone….
You may also be interested in:
how to give control in normal skype,skype share screen with sound,how to share screen on skype windows 10,how to share audio on skype windows 10,how to share screen on skype 2019,how to share screen on skype mobile,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to share screen on skype for business,share screen skype ipad