Xbox One is one of the game consoles that breaks with the functions of traditional consoles because it can respond to voice commands and can be integrated with your TV. It’s very easy and convenient to use because you can easily turn it on thanks to the device integrated with Xbox One. You are not satisfied with what you can do and you can watch several things at once; you can see the applications at the edge of the screen and even watch TV without any problems.
It all works when you program your device and enable voice recognition, so you can go anywhere, whether it’s games, instruments, the Internet, listening to music, wired programming, and more, just by saying what you want to do. This is unusual, but from time to time you may want to reset the console’s operating system to default, fix a problem that may occur, or for some other reason.
Therefore, this tutorial will help you find a solution to the problem you are experiencing with Xbox One. By simply restarting the system to its original configuration, you are ready to use it again and get the most out of the system. On the following pages we will show you some methods so that you know how to do this and solve your problem.
Steps to restart Xbox One Console and return to factory defaults
If you want to reboot the game console, to fix a hardware technical problem or because you want to sell or give it away and need to restore the configuration, we will show you in this article how to reboot Xbox One in a very simple way by means of a hard reset.
If you want to back up your games and applications, you can do so. Please note, however, that all files, including associated accounts, saved games, settings and shortcuts that are not saved in the Xbox Live cloud will be lost on restart. Here are the steps we show you to operate on Xbox One and the original Xbox One X.
From the dashboard or control panel
How to restart Xbox One from the dashboard is explained below. If you cannot see the screen or access the configuration menu for basic reasons, these procedures will not help you. But don’t worry, we’ll help you later if it’s your business. Here we will focus on explaining how to remove Xbox One from the console.
- Press the Xbox One button to open the manual.
- Go to the system menu and select Configuration.
- You choose where the system is written.
- Then search for the Console information and updates option.
- If you go inside, you’ll see what he tells you.
* Pay attention* At this point it is very important to know where you decide, because you can lose everything.
Three alternatives appear on the screen, one of which you must select:
- Reset and remove all : Here you can reset the console to its default value. Despite the fact that you lose all information about the user. You only do it if you want to take everything off to look new. Try to make it the last option when it comes to solving the problem.
- Reset and save my games and applications: Keep in mind that this is one of the first choices when it comes to repairing a technical malfunction in the console. This alternative allows you to restore the operating system (OS) and delete any data that may affect it. However, it does not remove your applications or games, because it is a safe way to avoid having to download or reinstall files. In this case, if you find that the error persists, you should force the restart, because it may be a game that causes you problems.
- Give it up: If you are not sure if you want to reset the Xbox, no problem, you can cancel and nothing happens. Because you haven’t chosen either of the other two options mentioned.
Don’t forget that even if you exit the games and applications, all personal data will be deleted from the system. It is therefore preferable to make sure your Xbox is first synchronized with Xbox Live, otherwise you will have to force yourself to export the settings manually. If you want to back up some of your data after deciding how you want to restart the Xbox console, it will start deleting the content, which can only take a few minutes.
Using the USB stick
As mentioned before, if you want to restart the Xbox One console, but you can’t use the settings in this case, this process will help you make them available somehow. You need a USB stick with a capacity of at least 4 GB and a computer for troubleshooting. The only thing stored with this method is what is synchronized with Xbox Live.
The USB stick should in principle be completely empty and, as said, have a larger capacity. Although it should be noted that not all files are stored beyond what is specified (4 GB), it is convenient to format the USB stick and transfer it to the Windows NTFS system, which theoretically can handle very large volumes.
You can do this using the Windows file explorer, for example of some versions of Microsoft :
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Window 7
- Window 8
- Window 10
Once the process is complete, you should proceed to the next process:
- You need to download the reset file to your computer and transfer it to a USB stick. The link address is: xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults
- You can download it directly by clicking here.
- Later, you will extract the file named $ System Update and copy it to your USB storage folder. Once the document is there, make sure it’s all you have. This is to prevent future problems.
- Then you have to go to the Xbox console and turn it off. You also need to unplug the power cord. Wait about 30 seconds to make sure he’s completely calm.
- Then connect the power cord and the USB device to the correct port.
- You must hold down the key combination: Connect and disconnect (start) the console for 10 to 15 seconds. Then press the Xbox button until you hear both ignition tones. The first beep indicates that the console has detected the USB device and the second beep indicates that the data has already been transferred to the USB device.
- It is very important that you hear the sound twice as loud as on your gaming computer. If this does not happen after 15 seconds or if the stop signal is not heard, this indicates that the reset procedure has not worked. Therefore, you must repeat all the steps, otherwise you will need to contact a technician.
To know exactly which buttons to press on the console, we leave you with a small visual diagram:
- USB 3.0 connection : Used to connect wired accessories, such as the Xbox One Play & Charge kit.
- Eject button: Shoot the disk from the console. Discs are inserted automatically.
- Xbox button : Power button and LED indicator on the console.
- Button for connecting accessories: Used to connect wireless accessories such as the Xbox One Wireless Controller.
- Infrared Receivers and Transmitters : They are used to receive signals from the Xbox One controller or to send infrared signals from control devices via OneGuide.
If you heard two ignition sounds, the procedure worked completely for you. So the restart should start on the screen, and you can configure it as if it were a new game console.
If you have any questions, please leave them in your comments, we will contact you as soon as possible and this will certainly help more members of the community. Thank you very much.
You may be interested in:
xbox one factory reset stuck,xbox one stuck on update,reset xbox one password,how to reset xbox one controller,factory reset xbox 360,xbox one won't turn on,xbox one power button not working,xbox one black screen,press enable on your console to get connected,xbox one doesn't turn off completely,what does restart now mean on xbox one,what does a full shutdown do on xbox one,what does reset and keep my games and apps do,bind button xbox one controller,eject button xbox one,factory reset xbox one controller,how to factory reset xbox 360,1.There are times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One. There may also be times when you want to reset your console's operating …2.Resetting your console to its factory settings erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Make sure to sign in and connect to …3.Choose the desired option to reset the console.,Reset and keep my games and keep my games and appsThis is the best option to use if your Xbox One is …,1.There are times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One. There may also be times when you want to reset your console's operating …,2.Resetting your console to its factory settings erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Make sure to sign in and connect to …,3.Choose the desired option to reset the console.,what are home xbox associations,how to factory reset an xbox 360,xbox one support,xbox live status,xbox series s,how to reset an xbox 360,xbox support,factory reset xbox one without screen,if i restart my xbox one will i lose everything,xbox one factory reset usb,how long does it take to factory reset xbox one,reset and keep my games and apps xbox one,if i reset my xbox one will i lose my game saves