To ensure that your Slack messages don’t go unnoticed, you need to use certain tools to better manage your company’s calls.
That is why we have created this article so that you can find all the information about this task. This makes it easy for you to know in detail what steps to take to report unread calls.
But that’s not all. We will also include other actions that are important to you in Slack messages so that you don’t miss out on relevant information.
Step-by-step guide for quickly and easily marking messages as unread in Slack
If you have decided to use Slack as your company’s primary means of communication, you are likely to receive a large number of messages every day, both directly and via the communication channels. Therefore, maintaining the priority of these calls is a necessary task that you must perform so that you do not miss any relevant information. Good practice is to mark as unread messages that require a response that requires you to perform a previous task.
For example, you may receive a phone call from your employee telling you that he or she needs a sales report within 48 hours. In this case, it is useful to read it and mark it as unread so that it appears in your existing panel, attracting your attention until you can submit the information and mark it as read. Given the importance of this task, we will show you step by step what to do to ensure that important messages are marked as unread so that they do not go unnoticed.
Proceed as follows:
- On your computer, go to the conversation you want to mark as unread.
- Then click on the icon with the 3 vertical points. A menu is then displayed.
- Select the option Mark as unread.
- Yeah, you want to tag your cell phone calls. To do this, you must hold the call until a menu appears in which you must press the Mark as Unread Tool.
You should be aware that any messages that you have marked as invisible will also appear in this situation later on. To highlight your settings, go to your profile page and click on it. You then need to click on Settings to select Mark as Read and customize the different options available to you.
Other actions you can take with respect to Slack messages so that they do not go unnoticed.
In addition to the ability to mark a message as unread in Slack, there are other features you can use to make your conversation flow smoothly. You should be aware that the tools we show you below will produce effective results as long as you spend time on these tasks.
Otherwise, the message area you find in your workspace always looks messy and you have no control over it. To help you get the most out of Slack and properly manage your calls, we show you below the various actions you can take to ensure they don’t go unnoticed.
Here’s how to mark a callback in a call on your computer, step by step:
- Open the message in which you want to make a note.
- Then move the mouse pointer over it and go to the room symbol which is represented by 3 dots.
- Pick an option Call me back.
- I know it shows a menu where you have different interval options. You can select or modify them, for the last option you have to click on the calendar and select a date.
- You can add a note and then click Create.
If you are performing this task from a phone on which the Slack application has been downloaded and turned on, you need to complete this process:
- Enter the workspace and navigate to the message to which you want to add a reminder.
- Press and hold until the context menu opens.
- Select the Remember Me option and continue with the same steps as on the PC or Mac.
Follow the steps below to save the message in idle mode:
- Open Slack in a browser or computer application and navigate to the workspace where the message you want to archive is located.
- Click the same button or move the mouse to activate other options.
- Select the memory icon drawn as a rectangle with a triangular entry at the base, as shown in the image, and you’re done!
- On an Android or iOS mobile device, follow the same steps.
Reaction in wire
A call wire is a tool you can use to give it continuity. Therefore, it is important to use this function to keep the entire communication system in order.
To perform this task from a Mac or PC, do the following
- Open your workspace and find the message you want to reply to with a subject.
- Activate the menu in the same way as in the previous paragraphs. That is, hover over the body of the conversation until you see the Slack Tools activated.
- Select the icon to answer with the topic you find in the conversation graph.
- When you do this, a dialog box will appear on the right side of the screen where you can also check the Send as direct message box.
On your smartphone, select the message (by holding it with your finger) and then press the Reply Thread button. If you want to answer with a different topic, you must select the Follow topic option.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will contact you as soon as possible and that will certainly be a great help to more members of the community. Thank you so much!
Maybe you are also interested in :