This allows you to communicate more effectively with your colleagues, customers or other members of the company. Note that there are different plans depending on the needs of your team.
If you want to know more, this article explains what it means to make video calls with Slack to discuss important topics with your team.
Step-by-step training to conduct individual and group video calls with your team in Slack.
Slack calls are very useful because they allow you to deal with different issues in an efficient and easy way. At this point, it should be noted that the platform is gradually introducing the ability to make video calls using Slack’s calling feature from mobile applications.
Then we leave you with step-by-step instructions on how to create individual and group video calls with your team using this tool:
from direct message
You can use this feature from your computer as well as from your mobile device, be it Android or iOS. That’s why we’re going to show you how to do it right, starting with each of them.
If you are doing this from your PC, follow these steps:
- Open a direct message.
- Click on the phone icon in the top right corner.
- The conversation will begin and the members you contact will receive a pop-up notification to join them.
- To make a video call, tap the camera icon.
To make a direct message video call from an Android phone, do the following:
- Enter the message
- Click on the Details icon in the top right corner.
- Press the phone icon to make a call. This is where the challenge begins.
- If you want to see it on video, you have to click on the camera icon.
You can also do this from an iOS device as follows:
- Enter the message
- Click on Details in the top right corner.
- Select the phone or camera icon.
- I know I’m going to call right away.
To perform this operation from the channel and computer, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Slack channel and click on the Details icon. It is located in the upper right corner.
- Press the call icon and then make a call to confirm.
- Slack is responsible for posting to the channel to inform others.
- If it is a video call, you need to click on the camera icon to activate the video function.
If you are connecting from an Android device, you need to do this:
- Enter a channel and click the Details button.
- Press the Call button or the camera icon if you prefer video.
- You can select a name for the call and then press Start.
- The application is responsible for informing the other members of the chain.
For iOS users, they should:
- Open the channel and click on the Details icon in the upper right corner.
- Touch the call button or the camera icon to activate the video function.
- Choose a name for your call if you wish.
- Click on Start.
Invite others to call.
On the other hand, if your workspace is part of a Standard, Plus or Enterprise grid plan, it is possible to invite other people to a call that has already been made. They can accommodate up to 15 people.
Follow the instructions to do this from your computer:
- Go to the top left corner of the conversation window and click Add People.
- Find and select the people you want to invite to the interview.
- Click on Invite.
The procedure is almost the same as when you call from a mobile phone. In particular, you can also share a call connection from your computer.
The form is as follows:
- Click on Add people.
- Click on the Copy link.
- Paste the link to the call into the channel or direct message field and send it. Up to 14 people can register by clicking on the Register button.
How many people can participate in a Slack video call, depending on our account type?
If you want to get the most out of Slack’s video calls, you should have one of the following plans: Standard, Plus or Enterprise Grid. The reason for this is that this way you can get in touch with several people at the same time. Conversely, if you have a free plan, the limit of people is very low. If you choose a payment plan, you can call up to 15 members. In this way, you can maintain effective communication with others.
List of best alternative applications to Slack to make free video calls
In projects or companies with large numbers of people, it is often difficult to communicate effectively. But today there are all kinds of tools to facilitate contacts between colleagues.
As in Slack’s case. There are also other very interesting options that allow you to make quick video calls.
So we’re going to share a list of the top three alternative Slack apps for free video calling:
This option has become very popular lately, especially among companies with many employees. The reason is that in the free mode, you can record up to 100 participants in a video call, so it is very convenient to connect to a crowd.
However, it should be noted that speaking time is limited to 40 minutes. So if you want it longer, you have to pay for it. It is very easy and intuitive to use, in addition to useful features like screen sharing, etc.
This is one of the switching services in the area of group calls. It has been used by many companies because the free version allows you to call up to 10 people at once.
It also includes high standards for audio and video quality. It is very easy to use and is multi-platform, meaning there is a version for computers, mobile phones or even a web version. You can use it for all kinds of activities, such as B. Screen division, background blur, translation, etc.
Google Duo is pretty much the same as Facetime for Manzana devices. It is essentially a Google messaging app that can be used to make group video calls with up to 8 people. One of the most interesting aspects is that it is not only available as an application for mobile phones, iPads and even a web version, but it can also be used on Google Nest smart screens.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible and it will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you!
Author: Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communication with extensive experience as a writer and content author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone …
You may also be interested in the following product:
slack tutorial 2020, slack video call grid view, slack video call limit, slack video call on mobile, slack tutorial pdf, slack tutorial video 2020, slack video conferencing vs zoom, slack video background