This tool allows you to receive messages and notifications on any of the connected servers that are part of the ad channel, which are displayed in the text chat.
Discord thus becomes a mandatory tool to inform the entire community with a single message. If you want to know how to create an advertising channel, read on.
What is an advertising channel on Discord and what are the benefits?
Promotional channels on Discord are used to automatically notify participants who belong to that channel about certain events. This can be done by synchronizing the advertising channel with each member’s personal servers.
That way, you will be able to take advantage of the great benefits that exist within the community:
- The advertising channels broadcast the latest news through the main channels.
- it is possible to connect a large number of participants, so that information is disseminated much more quickly and easily.
- You can create an ad channel from scratch, but if you prefer, you can convert an existing channel in a much easier way.
- You don’t need a premium Discord account to get an ad channel. This benefits businesses in different geographical areas, as key suppliers and customers can get the information they need without spending a single euro.
- You can post your own messages or send messages from other members using their assigned roles.
- The Announcements channel allows you to update all messages from a particular user in that channel.
- You can download up to 10 messages per hour for free.
- The way to publish new content is very simple: hover over the chat, then click Publish.
- The advantage is that no member can change the information if he or she does not have the necessary authorization.
- Posts with images, videos, gifs and emoticons will be displayed on the servers in the same way they were first published on the Ad channel.
- If a post needs to be changed for any reason, that change or deletion will also appear on the personal servers.
- The settings of the Discord platform allow us to mention @all and @where, among other things, which sends us to the connected servers that follow the announcement channel. This increases the protection of the channel.
- All users in the channel do not need to perform any other actions to obtain the required information. This system is particularly useful for communication management in large organizations.
- The technology industry and those who receive constant updates benefit from this method of keeping their members safely and accurately informed of new developments.
Learn step by step how to set up an advertising channel on the Discord server.
Next, we’ll show you step-by-step what you need to do to build an ad channel from the ground up:
Connecting to Discord
First you need to login with your username and password to access your profile and create a channel. You can do this by connecting to the Internet through your browser at https://discord.com/ or through the Discord application for mobile phones and computers.
Creating an advertising channel
At this point, you need to go to the left side of the screen and click on the Create Channel option, which is located under the + sign. This action opens a new menu where you can choose the channel type and name. When you are finished, press the Create Channel button.
Another option Discord offers is to convert an existing channel into one of its ads. To do this, you need to select a channel and click on the cogwheel. You can then select the Enable advertising option, check the text box. Note that the channel to be converted must be text and not speech, otherwise this step will not work.
Provision of necessary functions to members
This step involves setting up the channel to allow certain members to edit or delete ads, among other things. To do this, go to the Ad Channel and select the Roll tool (you’ll find it after you click the cog at the end of its name). Press the + sign and assign a new role. For example, in advertising. Click the Save Changes button when you are finished.
Once you have written and created a new role, you need to assign it to members. To do this, go to the left side of the screen and click on the arrow at the end of the server name. A menu will appear from which you must select the members of the USER CONTROL functions.
On the right you will find a list of all selected members. You need to click on the + sign to select the roles, and then you need to check the Announcements box (or the name you assigned to the new role).
Definition of other actions
Enter the ad channel settings by clicking on the asterisk. Then select the role view (or the name you assigned to the new role). Allows you to select the actions that can be created with the role you just created in the ADVANCED AUTHORITIES area. Please note that the list is long, so you will have to scroll down to find all the available options. Click the Save Changes button when you are finished.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will reply to you as soon as possible and this will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Felix Albornos
I have been working in the technology industry for over 20 years, helping companies and users grow and learn in the workplace. I always learn something new.
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do I create a Discord 2021 server?
How do you organize the dissonance channels?
How to create a 2020 Discord Bot?
Games – how to make them…
discord channel ideas,disboard,discord server theme ideas,discord bots,discord commands,discord servers,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,discord login,best discord bots