However, the environment is not always in the best condition. For this reason, some programs, such as. B. Skype, the ability to change and place the background to suit your taste or need.
This saves you the hassle every time you have to chase an appointment on the platform and you haven’t got your seat in order. If you want to learnHow do I set the background for my Skype video calls? Read on with the step-by-step instructions.
Step-by-step guide to changing and customizing the background for Skype video calls from anydevice.
If you want the image to be focused only on you, or if you want to hide the background during your video calls, it is very convenient to adjust or blur the background. With Skype you can do this very easily.
Therefore we inform you about the different possibilities:
Blur or adjust the background during a video call on Windows, MacO and Linux
- During a call, tap the key corresponding to the video. You can also click on the plus menu, which has an icon with three horizontal dots.
- Click the Select background effect button.
- Select the icon with the three horizontal dots to blur the room you are in, select one of the preset images, a previously added image or a new image to adjust the background.
An important point is that it is recommended to place images horizontally, and if you use a custom image, it will be saved locally on your desktop.
Adjust blur or background on all Skype video calls
- Click on your profile picture.
- Tap Setup, which has a gear icon.
- Navigate to the button with the microphone and video icon.
- Under Select background effect, you can blur the room, select a previously used image, or add a new image.
- To display all predefined categories in the grid, select the plus sign with the three horizontal dots. Then click the Select Background Effect button.
Blurry background on Android, iPhone and iPad
- During a call, press the plus icon with the three horizontal dots.
- Background blur active.
We’ll show you how to quickly and easily create your own background for Skypevideo calls.
If you don’t like the default background of the platform, you can always choose your own design. You don’t need any other design skills, as you just search the web for the elements you want and organize them in design programs like Photoshop or Canva.
Find out how you can quickly and easily create your own background for Skype video calls:
What are the dimensions?
The first thing to consider is the size of the image. Based on this information, you can start designing according to your taste and with exact dimensions, so that the background fits perfectly. The image must therefore have the proportions 16: 9. It can be 1280 pixels by 720 pixels. It also supports 1920 x 1080 pixels. This means that the orientation of the image must always be horizontal.
Creating a background in Photoshop
Designing in Photoshop is not necessarily recommended for beginners, as it is a somewhat complicated program if you are not familiar with it.
But if you want to try, we’ll show you how:
- Search online for all the items you want to add to your collection. It is recommended to use PNG images. You can also search for landscape backgrounds, etc. Save this file on your computer.
- Go into Photoshop.
- Click Create New in the menu that appears.
- Determine your design’s dimensions, file name, etc. Remember to use the dimensions suggested by Skype.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Starting with the items you are looking for online, go to the top menu in Photoshop and click File/Open.
- Select the items and click Apply.
- To drag them onto the canvas, choose the Move tool from the left menu. It’s the first one in the left bar.
- Then click and drag the image into your design.
- Find the elements as you like.
- You can also change the background color by clicking on the Color Pot tool in the left panel, which has the same icon as its name. Then click on the first box of the colored boxes that appear at the bottom of the panel. Select a color and click Apply. Finally, touch the canvas to paint it.
- If everything is to your liking, go to File / Save As and choose the folder you want to save your design to.
Create a background in Canva
Canva is a great platform for beginners or users who have no design skills. Here you’ll find a range of ready-made templates that you can use to design the background for your Skype video calls. One of the good points is that you can change various aspects of the templates, such as colors, letters, elements, etc. The only limit is your imagination. You also have free and paid options.
If you want to learn how to create your own background with Canva, follow the step-by-step procedure:
- Visit the Canva website.
- Register or log in if you have already created an account.
- Navigate to the text box at the top, which has a magnifying glass icon. This is the platform’s search engine.
- Enter the background image here.
- The payment page will open. You will see an empty space in the middle and a menu with some options on the left.
- In the Templates section you will find predefined layouts. Move your cursor over the one you like the most, and at the bottom of the drawing you’ll see the terms free or free, and the terms with the crown icon. You can get access to the latter for a fee.
- When you find the one you like best, click on it. You will see that it is on a white canvas.
- If you wish to change aspects such as color, font, size, etc., simply click on the object and select the fields you wish to change from the menu at the top.
- To add other elements, go back to the left menu and click on options such as photos, elements, text, background, etc.
- When you have what you want, click the Download button in the top right corner and you’re done.
List of the best Skype video call wallpapers you can use to give your profile a personal touch
Getting special backgrounds for Skype video calls can be a bit tricky. It is therefore best to look for them as wallpaper. There are many websites where you can access a wide range of features.
We share with you the top 5 places where you can download tools for your Skype video calls:
Be a part of the main options available online to find attractive wallpapers. Very popular because of its large catalog of high quality free photos. In the category wallpapers you will find more than 4500 of them.
This is another site where you can upload all kinds of photos. Just go to a search engine and type in the keyword of the foundation you are looking for. One advantage is that there is a category dedicated to wallpapers, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time searching for the ones you like best.
This site gives you access to free photos that you can add to the background of your video call. One of the main differences here is that the photos are personalized. A variety of shapes and colors predominate, mixed in the same space to offer you a unique environment.
For those who like minimalism, Simple Desktops is a great option. Very simple designs, based on small elements and combined with solid colours as background, prevail here. They are perfect if you don’t want the products to be a distraction.
It is a community of international artists known on the internet. Thousands of talented people share their creations of all kinds. Highly recommended for those who want a unique design. Just go to the wallpaper category and you can evaluate the available options.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will reply to you as soon as possible and this will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communications with extensive experience as a content writer and author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone….
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do I customize the background of Skype video calls?
How do I change the background of my video call?
While setting up audio and video, click the Background Effects tab before starting a video call. All background options are displayed on the right-hand side of the screen. Here you can choose a new background or blur the background by selecting the option Blur background.
How do I change the layout of my Skype video call?
faq ‘ how to change your point of view’…
best skype background,free backgrounds for skype,skype background image download,skype virtual background iphone,video call background image,virtual background for video conferencing skype,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,See more,how to change background on skype for business video call,how to change background in skype video call