Gmail has become one of the most widely used email platforms in the world and is already at the top of the list because of the benefits of these accounts and the ease of integration with other platforms.
It has evolved over time, and one of the areas they most wanted to improve is security. As a result, they are asking for more and more personal information, such as cell phone numbers. However, for many users, this information is too private to share.
In this article, we will show you how to create a Gmail account without providing a cell phone number and how to best protect your privacy.
Do I need a phone number to create a Gmail account?
The reality is that when you create a Gmail account, you don’t need your phone number at all because it’s optional information that we may or may not share. Google only asks for this information for two-factor authentication.
Two-factor authentication is a security technique that adds a second authentication method to access your Gmail account. In this case, after logging in with our username and password, we must provide a unique access code that is sent to our cell phone via SMS to log in to the account in the mailbox. The other reason Gmail asks for this information is that it was added as an option to request the username and password.
If one day we forget our username and password, we can use our cell phone to retrieve these data by confirming our identity by entering a secret code sent to us by SMS. These measures are not new, and for several years all kinds of platforms have been asking for this information to improve security and facilitate the retrieval of their users’ identification data.
Learn step by step how to sign up for Gmail without sharing your cell phone number on the platform.
Create a Gmail account without a phone number It’s very simple, since we don’t have to do anything but create an account in the usual way.
We need to follow these steps:
- Go to Gmail.com and select the “Create a new account” option.
- You must now complete the registration form with all requested information: First and last name, username and password.
- Now click the “Next” button and you will be directed to the new form.
- In this new form, the platform first asks you for your phone number, but you will see that this is “optional” data that you can leave out and provide other data, namely date of birth and gender.
- All you have to do is agree to the terms of service and you have a new Gmail account.
Each time you sign in, Google will insist that you can improve the security and experience of your account by providing a phone number, but it will always be an option that you can ignore as often as necessary.
Why do I need to link my cell phone number to my Gmail account? The benefits of this
Even if you are reluctant to provide this information, we must tell you that it will bring many benefits to your account:
- Improve your security by enabling 2FA.
- Simplify bill collection in the future.
- You do not allow anyone to log into your account without your permission.
- Make sure no one can change your account password.
Tips to better secure your Gmail account and protect it from third-party access to your personal information.
If you still do not want to share your cell phone number with Gmail, we recommend you to take the following steps to improve the security of your account without sharing such sensitive and valuable information.
- Use a strong password with a password generator like ours and keep it in a safe place so you never forget it.
- Connect your Gmail account to your Android device to activate the 2FA feature without sharing your phone number.
- If your browser, operating system or applications are not up-to-date, the software may not be safe from hackers and you may be exposed to an attack.
- The more applications you install and synchronize on your device, the more vulnerable it becomes.
- Protect yourself from suspicious content and messages.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and that will certainly be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you very much.
Author: Anabel Hernandez
I have a degree in public relations and advertising. My skills are social communication, marketing and digital advertising. The internet is my second home.
You may be wondering:
Frequently asked questions
How can I skip the phone check when I create my Gmail account?
Creating a Gmail account without phone number verification
How do I create a Gmail account without a phone number?
How to use Gmail without a phone number? – TechJunkie
How do I create a Gmail Unlimited account without confirming my 2020 phone number?
A tip for creating multiple Gmail accounts without a mobile number …
google account sign in,free email account,create email account yahoo,create facebook account,gmail sign out,google account recovery,gmail sign in,how to create google account without number,free email sign up without phone number,dummy number,free sms verification,unlimited gmail account creator free,webbots gmail creator,how to create 1000 gmail accounts,openmailbox,mail.com sign up,tutanota,create new gmail account,create gmail without phone number 2020,how to create gmail account without phone number,create gmail account without phone number verification 2019,google account,i want to see my google account,gmail sign in add account,create gmail account without verification code