We have many of these tools, but because we just don’t know how they work or, in many cases, don’t know they exist, we stop using them and optimizing our days.
This is exactly what happens with Gmail’s automatic replies. This article will tell you what they are and how they work so that you spend as little time as possible answering emails.
What are autoresponders and what are the benefits of using them in Gmail?
Auto-replies are messages pre-set by the user to be immediately returned to any contact who attempts to contact them via email. The idea is that the person trying to contact us will receive a message indicating what state or activity level we are in.
The benefits of using this configuration can be numerous:
- Respond to the need for quick responses from customers or other contacts.
- Save and improve time spent answering messages.
- Filter contacts that need urgent attention from those that don’t.
- Avoid explaining the reason for the absence or lack of activity.
- This can be a way to redirect your customers to a more convenient way to bring in sales.
On the other hand, we can add that this configuration is very versatile, since it can be programmed just for holidays, weekends or just as a general response to life. This allows the user to maintain their presence, for example. B. taking a break from work.
Learn step by step how to create automated replies in Gmail to maximize your use of the platform.
Automated responses can be very useful when we are not fully engaged in answering questions by mail.
You just need to know how to predefine these messages, which we’ll see later:
On mobile phone
Note that this is only available for these Gmail addresses and for Microsoft Exchange addresses:
- The first step is to open Gmail.
- Press the button with the 3 horizontal bars at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Setup.
- Scroll to Auto Answer and press.
Then customize it according to your preferences:
- Start dates and, optionally, automatic answers at the end.
- Compose an appropriate message.
- Place an object that refers to the type of answer.
- Choose whether the message is intended for all users or only those in your contact list.
- To exit, press Smart.
If you plan to use it often, you can create a file and save it to your computer to save time and avoid having to save it again:
- The first thing you need to do is go to your Gmail account.
- Then you need to enter the configuration by clicking on the cogwheel button in the top right corner.
- We immediately choose the option Show all settings.
- Next, we need to scroll down the list and click on the Auto Reply option.
- Before saving, we need to configure the first day from which the automatic response is available and possibly the end date.
- Above all, don’t forget the subject line and especially the Gmail message.
- On the other hand, you can also choose whether this automation is available to everyone or only to your contacts.
Here are the best examples of Gmail autoresponders you can learn from.
There are many cases where automatic replies can be used, so in this section we have prepared a few small examples where you can use this configuration that Gmail provides.
If additional information is required
It is important to be tactful when it comes to generating a sale. Therefore, we need to express good emotions and convey them to customers who show interest in our products or services.
Here are some examples of a standard message suitable for buyers who need more information about what you are selling:
- Hello, we are glad you are interested in our products. For more information, see [Website] in the Details section.
- Hello dear, we are glad you are interested in our services, for more information you can contact us at [teléfono number].
When you request a service
Once a customer has placed an order, it is even more important to answer all their questions.
To do this, you can use the answers below:
- We are very happy to have the services you need. If you have any questions, please let us know quickly at [red social más activa].
- We have taken note of your request and will respond as soon as your service is available.
When they greet you
Similarly, it is necessary to serve our neighbors, as this is essential to maintaining family and friendship ties.
Therefore, you can also send some kind of quick response to your loved ones:
- Hi, thanks for thinking of me, I’m a bit busy at the moment but I’ll get back to you tonight about [social red].
- Greetings, I am glad you are communicating with me, at the moment I am busy with work, if it is something urgent, please call me here [número de teléfono].
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and it will certainly be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Anabel Hernandez
He is a graduate of the Public Relations and Advertising Department. My skills are social communication, marketing and digital advertising. The internet is my second home.
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do I create an automatic reply in Gmail?
Setting up a Reply Request in the Gmail Mobile App To set up a reply request in the Gmail app on your iPhone or Android device, go to Menu > Settings. Select your account and go to Holiday Answering Machine. Then turn on the answering machine, enter your message and press Done or Save.
How do I set up automatic replies in Thunderbird?
In the Edit Settings section, you can customize your out-of-office message. You will see your autoresponder setting in the mail menu (2). Press to access these settings. In this window you can set the content and the time of the answering machine message.
How do I set up an automatic response by e-mail?
In the office, set up an automatic retrieval mechanism. ….