Gmail Service It is one of the most used services in the world, since thousands of people turn to it every day to access the information that reaches them or to connect to the different platforms of this company. But we must know that if we synchronize everything with the same account, it will cause great problems, because if we lose it, everything will be in danger.
Therefore, it is important that we properly protect everything we store under this interface so that you don’t have any problems. We recommend that you change your password regularly and use a reasonably secure password.
Gmail has several security mechanisms in place in such cases, but sometimes they need to be modified and better protected. Below you can read how to do this from different computers.
How often should we change the password for our Gmail account and other platforms?
It is a good idea to change your password regularly, as we do not allow anyone to decipher our key in any way. Remember that Gmail is not just another platform, but one that is probably connected to all the other applications and social networks you use.
So someone who has access to your main Gmail can see and edit your Facebook, Instagram and even your online banking information. Therefore, we recommend that you change your password for ALL your accounts at least every 3 months (ideally every month).
Detailed instructions on how to update your Gmail email account password on any device.
Accessing Gmail from mobile computers is now so widespread that it is surpassing the popularity of desktop devices. So nowadays we can easily perform any configuration, such as password updates, from any computer or smartphone.
Note that you will need to know your current password and set a new one that is different from the one you are currently using:
In a computer.
After that, we will show you the necessary steps to update your password quickly and easily from your computer:
- Access begins with the username and password of your Gmail account.
- Select your profile picture on the right and enter “Manage Google Account.”
- Select the “Security” field on the left,
- Then type “Google Access” or in the “Connect to Google” field :
- Click on “Password” and identify yourself if necessary.
- Add a new password and confirm it.
On the cell phone
When you change your account password, you help us improve the security and privacy of all Google-related products. Remember to always use a strong password combined with numbers and letters. Here’s how to do this from your smartphone.
In this case, we will do it with the Gmail application.
To do this, you need to install the mail application, log in and follow the steps below :
- On your device, go to “Settings” or “Preferences” and open “Google.”
- Select your account and click Manage Google Account.
- Find the “Security” option at the top and click “Password” under “Google Access.”
- You will be asked to confirm your identity to protect your account. Then enter the desired password for the specified access.
On the iPhone.
As in the previous case, the explained process is repeated for this type of operating system:
- Go to the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad and tap Menu.
- There you will find the “Settings.” Then you need to go to “Account” and then “Manage Google Account”.
- There, click on the “Personal Information” button.
- Then click on “Profile” “Password”.
- Finally, enter the new password and select “Change Password”.
Tips for creating secure, tamper-proof passwords for your Gmail account
We are now going to share with you some tips on how to make your passwords tamper-proof in every possible way, so that your Gmail account and any other platform is unbreakable and always remains secure:
- Use a password generator – it is best to use a combination of numbers, letters and symbols that have nothing in common, for which the password generator is ideal. We invite you to use ours for this mission.
- Never store your passwords in password managers: Password managers are often a problem because they are connected to the cloud, allowing us to use them on any device. If one day we forget to lock them on one of these devices or if we lose our phone and a thief can get in, we leave all our passwords with them.
- Don’t use personal information: Passwords with an ID number or date of birth are the first thing hackers will try, so don’t use them.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and that will certainly be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you very much.
Author: Anabel Hernandez
I have a degree in public relations and advertising. My skills are social communication, marketing and digital advertising. The internet is my second home.
You may be wondering:
change gmail password on iphone, gmail forgot password verification code, how to change gmail password on laptop, change gmail name, show me my password, change facebook password, how to change gmail password in laptop, where is security in gmail, how to change gmail id, how to change facebook password, gmail password forgot, show my email address and password, change password facebook, how to change email password on iphone, how to change password in facebook, how to change gmail name, gmail password reset, gmail password recovery, change gmail password on android, change google password android