Spelling is a necessary attribute, but more than 80% need help to write without mistakes. Therefore, we pay the most attention to spelling when we write a letter, especially when it is sent for professional reasons.
Fortunately, platforms are becoming increasingly aware of this and are reaching out to us with tools. This is the case with Gmail, where, thanks to the automatic spell check, we can ensure that the spelling of every word we send in our messages is as accurate as possible.
In this article, we’ll show you how to enable and use this handy feature to make a better impression when sending any type of Gmail.
What errors does Gmail automatically detect and correct in my messages?
Gmail’s spellchecker is one of the most comprehensive of all email platforms, as it detects a large number of limitations and spelling errors. However, we must keep in mind that this is the only thing it can do, as it is essentially designed for that one function.
It is important to point this out because you may be disappointed that the proofreader did not detect grammatical errors because it is not designed to do so. Spelling includes and is limited to the way words are written. If we want something that corrects our sentences, we are looking for a grammar checker that can be easily turned on, as Gmail It also has this feature.
Learn step-by-step how to enable automatic Gmail checking in all messages to avoid spelling errors.
Gmail’s spell checker is very easy to use when we write on the computer, because we stick to the simple auto-correction on the cell phone keyboard while on the go.
Having clarified this point, we tell you that the next steps should be taken:
- Go to your Google Y account and open your Gmail inbox.
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and press “Setting” (speed dial) “Show all settings”.
- Under “General” look for the “Spelling” option and the checkmark “Enable Spelling Suggestions”.
- Now save the changes and the function is already 100% activated.
Another option is to use Gmail’s spell checker, which is very easy to use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press “Write” in your Inbox to compose a new message.
- After you have written the entire content of the email and selected the recipient, click the colon in the lower right corner of the text box.
- All you have to do is select the “Spell Check” option.
- Gmail highlights any spelling and typographical errors in the message, and click on them to see the corrector’s suggestion and correct the error.
We’ll show you how to turn on Gmail’s grammar checker to make sure your messages are perfectly written.
By the way, if you’re looking for a grammar checker, Gmail has one too.
Here we show you how to enable this to significantly improve the quality of your messages:
- In your Google Y account, open the Gmail inbox.
- Go to the top right corner of the screen and press the “Configuration” button (toggle button).
- Under “General,” look for the “Grammar” option and the “Enable Grammar Suggestions” checkbox.
- Now save the changes and the feature is ready to be activated in your account.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and that will certainly be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you very much.
Author: Anabel Hernandez
I have a degree in public relations and advertising. My skills are social communication, marketing and digital advertising. The internet is my second home.
You may be wondering:
Frequently asked questions
How do I enable automatic correction in Gmail?
Proper spelling and grammar in Gmail – Google Workspace …
How do I activate the automatic adjustment function?
Enable or disable Autofix for Android and Samsung devices
How do I change the auto-correct language in Gmail?
Changing the language settings of Gmail – Computer – Gmail Help
grammarly,how to enable automatic spell check in gmail,how to fix autocorrect on android,how to turn on autocorrect iphone,how to reset autocorrect on galaxy s9,autocorrect samsung s10,how to turn on autocorrect on chromebook,spell check shortcut chromebook,chrome spell check extension,chrome spell check not working,chrome autocorrect,how do you check spelling in word?,write the steps to insert drawing objects.,gmail spell check android,gmail spell check language,gmail spell check greyed out,gmail spell check not working chrome,grammar check